Small businesses opportunities through social media have grown. It’s been a while since I sat down and took a deep look into social media stats and how they are looking these days. I ran across this article and the numbers just keep getting bigger and better.
For those that like quick, dirty numbers and don’t want to read whole articles, these tidbits might just tempt you to take the time to read this one:
- There are now more than 800 million active Facebook users. 200 million were added in 2011.
- 80% of all Americans are on social networks.
- If you’re going to pick just one social networking outlet to focus on, Facebook is your ticket. Americans spend more time there than on ANY OTHER U.S. WEBSITE!
- A post every day hits all your customers: more than half of Facebook users log in EVERY DAY.
- Is your business international? 80% of Americans may be on Facebook, but 75% of Facebook users are outside of North America.
- According to a Comscore study, businesses that post at least once a day will reach 22% of their fans in any given week.
- Experian’s 2011 Social Media Consumer Report reports, among other stats, that 98% of 18 – 24 year olds access social accounts monthly. If they are doing so only once or twice a month, then the importance of posting DAILY becomes even clearer.
- Fans are filtering through social media and spending with small business. 50% of business owners have confirmed this. The majority of Facebook and Twitter fans are more likely to buy from brands they are fans of.
Consider what is here as an incentive to work that Facebook page you set up a year ago and haven’t done anything with.